Concerned your organisation may not be compliant with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), or perhaps you have started the implementation process and now need support to push through with change?
There are 10 simple steps you can take to demonstrate compliance:
1. Appoint a Data Protection Officer – if required to do so.
2. Complete a Data Audit – know where your data is
3. Prepare your data map
4. Ensure security of data is in place
5. Explain your Privacy Notices
6. Document your Privacy Policies
7. Train your staff
8. Assess the Impact – Privacy Impact Assessments
9. Know what to do if/when it goes wrong – Data Breach Reporting
10. Dealing with third parties
Clearly there is more to understand, and getting it wrong can lead to substantial fines of 4% of global annual turnover or £20 million (whichever is higher), typically applied for a breach of a data subject’s right or any of the GDPR principles.
A lower tier of 2% of global turnover or £10 million (whichever is higher) for administrative breaches, such as failing to appoint a Data Protection Officer, failing to report a data breach, or breaching the rules of consent.
Can your business afford to get it wrong?
For more details on how we can support you, complete the enquiry form below or contact our Sales Department.